Home Insurance


Click here to get a quote

Kirby Insurance Agency offers a variety of insurance packages that cover your home and personal possessions, whether you reside in an apartment, a condominium or a house.

Visit Kirby Insurance to talk to one of our insurance experts today.


Since your condominium’s strata corporation covers the building’s insurance, your personal condominium package focuses on enabling you to replace all of your personal belongings in the event of a total loss, as well as ensuring proper coverage for condo-related issues:

  • unit improvement and betterments;
  • contingent loss assessment (common areas);
  • unit loss assessment (your unit);
  • liability loss assessment; and
  • coverage of the strata corporation’s deductible.


Your landlord’s insurance for the building does not cover your belongings. Purchase tenant insurance to protect yourself from loss of or damage to your belongings by theft, accidental fire or other perils.

Your tenant insurance can also cover personal liability for bodily injury or property damage to a third party. For example, if you caused a fire at your rented premies and were found negligent, the building owner’s insurers could sue you personally for damages.



Your most expensive purchase may be your home, so it’s vital to buy sufficient insurance to rebuild it in the event of a total loss. We calculate the current rebuilding cost of your home using an industry-accepted method based on costs obtained from contractors and appraisers. Due to soaring construction costs, please ensure that your home has been recently evaluated.

All of our homeowner packages automatically include amounts for detached outbuildings, your personal property, additional living expenses and personal liability. To ensure that you’ve bought sufficient insurance to cover the cost of replacing (new for old) all of the contents of your home in the event of a total loss, be sure to fill out one of our residence inventory forms.

You can choose to include any one of the following options in your homeowner package:

  • home-based business endorsement;
  • earthquake;
  • sewer backup;
  • identity theft;
  • umbrella liability;
  • jewellery, furs and other valuables; and
  • prized collections.

We also insure:

  • seasonal properties;
  • rental properties;
  • mobile homes; and
  • personal watercraft.

Please contact us for a complete review of your residential insurance needs.